Ideally located near to a number of other beautiful gardens, we are an excellent destination for groups touring the Sussex counties and local groups looking for a memorable day out.
The formal Garden is designed in a series of intimate and enchanting ‘garden rooms’ with colour and interest throughout every season. The majority of the Garden has gentle sloping pathways and offers good accessibility. There are numerous benches in scenic locations where you can relax and watch the world go by. For those wanting a day of discovery, there are woodland trails, lakes and our picturesque parkland to explore.
Enhance your visit with a Garden tour, an exclusive tour of the impressive Mansion House (usually closed to the public) or both! For a really memorable day, our special group packages include a tour of the House and Garden, followed by a delicious Cream Tea or Buffet Lunch served in the impressive Borde Hill House.
Take a tour of the 17 acre formal garden with our Head Gardener or Tour Guide. Designed as a series of outdoor ‘rooms’, each has its own distinctive character, with plantings that add variety, colour and interest throughout the seasons.
£80 for up to 25 people*
£100 with Head Gardener
(excluding Garden entry)
Take a guided tour of the beautiful Grade II listed Elizabethan Mansion house. Delve into its history dating from 1590 and gain an insight into the lives and ancestors of the current owners, Mr and Mrs Andrewjohn Stephenson Clarke.
£80 for up to 25 people*
(excluding Garden entry)
Cream Tea Special
Combine a guided tour of the Garden and House with a delicious Cream Tea, served in the fascinating Trophy Room. Price includes free Souvenir Guide Book. Weekdays only.
Menu: finger sandwiches, cream & jam scones, a selection of cakes, tea & coffee, gluten free options available.
£25 per person (min 15 people)
Buffet Lunch Special
The Buffet Lunch Special includes a tour of the House and Garden followed by a buffet lunch and glass of wine or soft drink served inside the house. Price includes a free Souvenir Guide Book. Weekdays only.
Menu: available on request with gluten free options available.
£30 per person (min 15 people)
We offer groups (15+ people):
- Discounted Garden entry at £7 pp if pre-booked and paid at least 2 weeks in advance.
- A brief introduction to the Garden & the facilities on arrival.
- Various special events throughout the year.
- A Garden map to help you explore the formal gardens at your own pace, with an ‘all ability’ map also available.
- A well-stocked Gift shop with a variety of plants for sale.
- Our own Garden cafe, plus Café Elvira and award-winning Jeremy’s Restaurant, as featured in Good Food Guide 2013.
- Green Tree Gallery, specialising in arts and crafts (closed Mondays).
- Information text in other languages.
- Free wheelchairs. Please reserve these in advance.
- Free admission to coach driver & group organiser.
- £5 meal voucher for coach driver.
- Joint ticket with the Bluebell Railway – enjoy the best of historic Sussex at two iconic attractions. ONLY £16 per person.
- Available April to September 2017.
- (Pre-booking and deposit are required; full payment 30 days in advance.)
- To make a reservation, please contact The Bluebell Railway on 01825 720800 or:
|10.00 am||Your day begins at Bluebell Railway’s Sheffield Park Station, have a look around the artefacts in the museum, enjoy a coffee in the café and explore the delightful shop.|
|11.00 am||Take a ride on the Bluebell Railway and experience the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Steaming through the countryside you will see wooded valleys, streams and rivers, farmsteads, country lanes, meadows and wild flowers (when they are in season). This is a return service to East Grinstead and seats will be reserved for your group.|
|12:39 pm||Return back at Sheffield Park and following a comfort break, it is all aboard the coach to Borde Hill Garden.|
|1:30 pm||Arrive at Borde Hill Garden where you will receive a warm welcome & brief introduction to the Garden and facilities. Lunch can be taken in Café Elvira, with a selection of homemade lunches and cakes, or dine in the elegance of Jeremy’s Restaurant (booking advised for both). Alternatively, you can discover the delightful Little Ritz Vintage Tea Room set within the Garden itself.|
|2:30 pm||Time for a leg-stretch (or a quiet rest on a seat), discover 200 acres of formal Garden, woodland and parkland. The Garden is home to a series of intimate and enchanting ‘garden rooms’. There is also a fascinating family history to unearth, with exciting tales from the Victorian plant-hunters. There is also the impressive collection of trees and shrubs, of national importance and plenty of horticultural interest throughout every season.|
|4:30 pm||Rejoin your coach after a look around the Green Tree Gallery (art & gift gallery), and the plant sales and gift shop.|