Visitor Services Supervisor
Permanent part time contract (seasonal hours)
£8.00 per hour
This is a permanent contract, with variable hours throughout the open season only: 1 April – 2 October 2017, plus 21 – 31 October for Halloween and 1 – 17 December for Christmas Shopping.
Minimum 10 hours per week, with the potential to increase during busy event periods/holiday cover.
Standard shifts likely to be 12.15pm – 5.15pm, 2 or 3 weekday afternoons per week (negotiable).
General Scope of the Post
Working under the instruction of the Visitor Services Manager, and in close co-ordination with the Executive Manager, Visitor Services and Office staff to be responsible for:
- Customer Service: Being a welcoming first point of contact for our visiting public & guests, assisting with their queries and other logistical matters
- Till & Retail operations: Operation of the retail & ticketing tills and shop sales. Assisting with stock display, reports, rotation & ordering
- Group & Tour bookings: Receiving enquiries and processing bookings, liaising with Garden staff regarding bookings
- Friends & Gold Friends of Borde Hill: Selling and processing of this membership scheme; including issue of cards
- General office administration: Dealing with email and telephone enquiries, tidying, filing, and post
- Supervision of Visitor Services Assistants: Organising the day to day duties of VS Assistants, covering breaks etc.
The role will also involve providing holiday cover when needed and carrying out other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the Visitor Services Manager, Executive Manager and the Directors.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com, or call 01444 450326
Closing date: Sunday 12th March 2017
Interviews: during week commencing 13th March 2017
Start date: week commencing 27th March for training, ready for the Garden opening on 1st April
Are you looking for volunteer work? Then we would love to meet you…..
We have openings for tour guides to take groups around our splendid 16th Century House.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01444 450326[/column]