Volunteer Event Assistant – about the opportunity
• Assisting with the creation and development of interactive children’s events, aimed primarily at children under 10 years.
• Leading or assisting with activity sessions for small groups of up to 15 children, or drop in activity sessions.
• Using and looking after resources and equipment used for event activity sessions.
• Help us to develop our family events by sharing your ideas and experience.
• Bring the wonders of the outdoors and nature to life for young people in a creative, imaginative and engaging format.
• Opportunity to lead/assist with family events during the school holidays.
Why you might like this role
• Be part of a small team of friendly and dedicated team
• Meeting like-minded people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Developing your event organisation skills
• Enjoying new experiences
• Sharing knowledge with our visitors
What are we looking for?
Time commitment for this volunteering role is flexible, but would ideally suit someone living near to Haywards Heath.
You will always be accompanied on guided tours by another volunteer or member of staff.
You will be eligible for a free season ticket to the Garden.
A full welcome pack will be provided to begin the induction process.
About Borde Hill Garden
2018 marks the 125th Anniversary since Colonel Stephenson Robert Clarke purchased the Elizabethan Mansion in 1893. He created the Garden and woodland using many plants collected by the Great Plant Hunters.
Our aim is to engage visitors of all ages with outdoors and nature, the beauty of the countryside, and the historic plant collection here at Borde Hill. We continue to evolve and grow in a sustainable way to ensure this horticultural heritage can be enjoyed for generations to come.
The Garden is open to visitors between 20th March and 31st October.
Apply or find out more
Contact: Andrew Loin
Tel: 01444 450326 Email: email@example.com