Volunteer Gardener – about the opportunity
• You are happy to undertake light gardening tasks such as weeding, pruning, clipping, sweeping, planting etc.
• You don’t mind getting your hands dirty
• You enjoy the great outdoors – whatever the weather!
• You are confident communicating with visitors and answering any questions they may have.
Why you might like this role
• Be part of a small team of friendly and dedicated team
• Meeting like-minded people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Developing your horticultural skills
• Enjoying new experiences
• Sharing knowledge with our visitors
What are we looking for?
Time commitment for this volunteering role is flexible, but would ideally suit someone living near to Haywards Heath.
You will always be accompanied another Garden volunteer or member of the Garden team.
You will be eligible for a free season ticket to the Garden.
A full welcome pack will be provided to begin the induction process.
About Borde Hill Garden
2018 marks the 125th Anniversary since Colonel Stephenson Robert Clarke purchased the Elizabethan Mansion in 1893. He created the Garden and woodland using many plants collected by the Great Plant Hunters.
Our aim is to engage visitors of all ages with outdoors and nature, the beauty of the countryside, and the historic plant collection here at Borde Hill. We continue to evolve and grow in a sustainable way to ensure this horticultural heritage can be enjoyed for generations to come.
The Garden is open to visitors between 20th March and 31st October.
Apply or find out more
Contact: Andy Stevens, Head Gardener
Tel: 01444 450326 Email: email@example.com