Volunteering At Borde Hill Garden
Whether it’s guiding groups of curious visitors around the Garden or Elizabethan Mansion House, helping to run family craft activities, or getting out into the fresh air to prune roses or weed borders, we have a range of volunteering roles to suit everyone.
Why volunteer with us
- Become part of the dedicated team who make Borde Hill special
- Meet like-minded people from all walks of life and make new friends
- Develop or learn new skills
- Enhance your CV by gaining valuable work-related experience
- Indulge your passion and engage with local heritage
- Enjoy new experiences
Ways To Volunteer
Bring history to life
Share your passion and enthusiasm with our visitors by leading guided tours of the Garden or Elizabethan Mansion House. You’ll be telling the story of Borde Hill by relaying historical facts and anecdotes, whilst answering questions and engaging with your audience.
Find out more
Inspire the next generation
Help young people re-connect with nature and the great outdoors by running, or assisting with family activities and craft workshops during the school holidays.
What you can expect
- A welcoming and enjoyable experience.
- A full induction process.
- A free family season ticket, allowing entry to the Garden during the open season.
- Recognition and appreciation for your contribution.
- To always work with other volunteers or members of staff.
Time commitment for our volunteering roles is flexible, but please see the individual requirements for each job role by clicking the ‘Find out more’ buttons. The roles would ideally suit someone living close to Haywards Heath, West Sussex.