Volunteer Tour Guides – about the opportunity
• You will lead groups of up to 25 people on tours of either the Elizabethan Mansion or the Garden.
• With each tour lasting approximately one hour, you will be expected to know and provide historical/horticultural facts and information, relaying interesting anecdotes in an engaging manner and answering questions that may arise
• You should be confident communicating with a diverse range of visitors and be adept at bringing history to life.
Why you might like this role
• Be part of a small team of friendly and dedicated team
• Meeting like-minded people from all walks of life and making new friends
• Developing your presentation skills
• Enjoying new experiences
• Sharing knowledge with our visitors
What are we looking for?
Time commitment for this volunteering role is flexible, but would ideally suit someone living near to Haywards Heath.
You will always be accompanied on guided tours by another volunteer or member of staff.
You will be eligible for a free season ticket to the Garden.
A full welcome pack will be provided to begin the induction process.
About Borde Hill Garden
2018 marks the 125th Anniversary since Colonel Stephenson Robert Clarke purchased the Elizabethan Mansion in 1893. He created the Garden and woodland using many plants collected by the Great Plant Hunters.
Our aim is to engage visitors of all ages with outdoors and nature, the beauty of the countryside, and the historic plant collection here at Borde Hill. We continue to evolve and grow in a sustainable way to ensure this horticultural heritage can be enjoyed for generations to come.
The Garden is open to visitors between 20th March and 31st October.
Apply or find out more
Contact: Anna Mackie
Tel: 01444 450326 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org