How to pre-book your visit
We welcome our visitors back to the Garden, Parkland and Woodland with pre-booked tickets
Following the latest government guidance, Borde Hill Garden is now open 10am-5pm daily and 10am-6pm at weekends. From 22 June, road diversions are in place. Please visit the following page for details: www.bordehill.co.uk/roadclosure
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers we’ve reduced the number of people who can enter at any one time and have introduced an online booking system to help manage social distancing throughout the day. We’re sorry but those arriving without a pre-booked ticket, including our valued Friends of Borde Hill, will not be admitted to the Garden.
Our booking system includes options for Friends of Borde Hill to reserve a timeslot, as well as those wishing to purchase day tickets, Historic Houses Members, Gardeners’ World 2For1 and Sussex Prairie Members. You will need to show your membership card on arrival. Please note that free entry for RHS Members only applies in June and September.
If you would like to become a Friend of Borde Hill before booking tickets, please visit www.bordehill.co.uk/gold-friends/
Choose your arrival time
When you book, you’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
Due to limited spaces, booking slots will be released one week in advance to allow others a chance to visit the Garden.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you’re more than 10 minutes late your entry will be at the discretion of the Visitor Welcome Team and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing. Day tickets are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another day or timeslot.
To help keep our visitors, staff and volunteers safe, we’ve introduced some additional changes to offer extra reassurance during your time at the Garden, including:
- The Gardener’s Retreat Café is open daily, offering a takeaway service to include picnics, barista coffee and cream teas. Payment is by contactless card only, with visitors asked to practise social distancing when queuing. Café seating is mainly outdoors and will be spread further apart.
- A separate entrance and exit
- The Gift Shop and Plant Nursery are open, with social distancing measures in place
- The toilet facilities are open with extra cleaning throughout the day.
- The Adventure Playground is closed until further notice, due to government requirements for enhanced cleaning and hygiene processes.
- A one way route around the Garden to help ensure social distancing on some of the narrower pathways.
- Additional hand-sanitisers for visitors to use on site.
- Contactless card payments only to help reduce interaction between visitors and staff.
- Additional cleaning to our usual routines, including regularly disinfecting reception surfaces and keeping doors to our visitor reception and toilets open to reduce contact.
- Wheelchairs are no longer available for visitors to borrow.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic and blanket, or use one of the many benches located around the Garden or the picnic tables on the Azalea Ring. Please only use the picnic tables near the Gardeners Retreat if you are a customer of their take-away service.
We respectfully ask that you do not visit the Garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms, and that you postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
Thank you to NHS key workers
To say thank you to NHS key workers, we’re offering free entry to the Garden for the last timeslot of each day, where available. If you are an NHS key worker, please pre-book your timeslot by selecting ‘Other Admission Voucher’ from the dropdown on the booking screen, typing ‘key worker’ in the Voucher Type box. Please bring your id when you visit. Other members of your group who are not key workers will be charged our usual admission prices. NHS key workers include all NHS staff, administrative and cleaning workers. Frontline health and social care staff such as doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics.
All current memberships will be extended to cover the two month period we have been closed, e.g. if your ticket date expired on 12 April it will now expire on 12 June. If you would like to renew your membership before visiting the Garden, please visit www.bordehill.co.uk/gold-friends/
We look forward to welcoming you back to Borde Hill Garden.