How to pre-book your visit
The Garden and Parkland is open daily for local Members and the local community to enjoy fresh air and wellbeing walks. Entry must be pre-booked in advance.
The Woodland is closed until spring for essential conservation work.
To help keep everyone safe and to manage numbers throughout the day we have an online booking system. We’re sorry but those arriving without a pre-booked ticket, including our Members, may not be admitted to the Garden.
Our booking system includes options for Members to reserve a timeslot, as well as those wishing to purchase day tickets, Historic Houses Members and Gardeners’ World 2For1 voucher holders. You will need to show your membership card on arrival. Please note that free entry for RHS Members only applies in July and September.
If you would like to become a Member before booking tickets, please visit www.bordehill.co.uk/membership
Choose your arrival time
When you book, you’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
In order to maintain social distancing, please aim to arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you’re more than 10 minutes late your entry will be at the discretion of the Visitor Welcome Team and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing. Day tickets are non-refundable and can only be transferred to another day or timeslot where there is availability.
We’ve introduced some additional measures to offer reassurance during your time at the Garden, including:
- Closing the Gift Shop in line with government guidance. The Plant Sales area is open for purchases.
- Asking visitors to wear a face covering inside all buildings, including Visitor Reception and toilets.
- Gardener’s Retreat Café is open daily, offering a takeaway service to include barista coffee, leaf tea, cakes and bakes, cream teas and light lunches. Payment is by card only (contactless where possible). Visitors are kindly asked to practice social distancing when queuing and wear face masks when ordering. Café seating is outdoors and will be spread further apart
- The Adventure Playground is open daily. Click here for details
- A separate entrance and exit
- Extra cleaning of our toilet facilities throughout the day.
- A one way route around the Garden to help ensure social distancing on some of the narrower pathways.
- Additional hand-sanitisers for visitors to use on site.
- Contactless card payments only to help reduce interaction between visitors and staff.
- Additional cleaning to our usual routines, including regularly disinfecting reception surfaces and keeping doors to our Visitor Reception and toilets open to reduce contact.
- When you pre-book your timeslot, we will request contact details in line with the NHS Test and Trace programme.
We respectfully ask that you do not visit the Garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms, and that you postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
Online 2For1 offer, available from 3pm daily
Book an Adult or Concession day ticket for arrival from 3pm onwards and get another ticket free. Offer only applies to timeslots from 3pm onwards. Buy your Adult or Concession ticket as usual, and then select ‘Other Admission Type’ from the dropdown for the second complimentary ticket. Type ‘3pm 2For1 Offer’ in the Voucher Type box on the Shopping Basket screen.
Thank you to NHS key workers
To say thank you to NHS key workers, we’re offering free entry to the Garden from 3pm each day where there is availability. If you are an NHS key worker, please pre-book your timeslot by selecting ‘Other Admission Voucher’ from the dropdown on the booking screen, typing ‘key worker’ in the Voucher Type box. Please bring your id when you visit. Other members of your group who are not key workers will be charged our usual admission prices. NHS key workers include all NHS staff, administrative and cleaning workers. Frontline health and social care staff such as doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics.