How to pre-book your visit
The Garden and Parkland are open daily 10am-5pm until 7th November. Entry must be pre-booked in advance.
The Woodland is closed for the winter from Monday 13 September.
Following the easing of Covid restrictions, we’ve kept some measures in place to ensure that our visitors and staff feel safe. We are continuing to ask that you kindly pre-book your visit as it helps us manage numbers in the Garden.
Our online ticket system allows you to book right up until the time you arrive providing there is space. We’re sorry but those arriving without a pre-booked ticket, including our Members, may not be admitted to the Garden.
Our booking system includes options for Members to reserve a timeslot, as well as those wishing to purchase day tickets, Historic Houses Members and Gardeners’ World 2For1 voucher holders. You will need to show your membership card on arrival. Please note that free entry for RHS Members only applies in July and September.
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers: redeem the cost of your admission on the Tesco Clubcard webpage. Then book your Garden entry use the ‘Other Admission Voucher’ dropdown. On arrival at the Garden you will need to present your Tesco voucher code which begins with BHG.
If you would like to become a Member before booking tickets, please visit www.bordehill.co.uk/membership
Choose your arrival time
When you book, you’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
In order to maintain social distancing, please aim to arrive within your timeslot. Day tickets are non-refundable and can only be transferred to another day or timeslot where there is availability.
We are keeping the following measures in place to offer reassurance during your time at the Garden:
- Encouraging visitors to wear a face covering inside all buildings, including the Gift Shop/Visitor Reception and toilets.
- A separate entrance and exit
- Extra cleaning of our toilet facilities throughout the day.
- Additional hand-sanitisers for visitors to use on site.
- Contactless card payments only to help reduce interaction between visitors and staff.
- Additional cleaning to our usual routines, including regularly disinfecting reception surfaces and keeping doors to our Visitor Reception and toilets open to reduce contact.
- When you pre-book your timeslot, we will request contact details in line with the NHS Test and Trace programme.
- Gardener’s Retreat Café is open daily, offering a takeaway service to include barista coffee, leaf tea, cakes and bakes, cream teas and light lunches. Payment is by card only (contactless where possible). Visitors are kindly asked to practice social distancing when queuing and wear face masks when ordering. Café seating is outdoors.
We respectfully ask that you do not visit the Garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms, and that you postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
Online 2For1 offer, available from 3pm daily
Book an Adult or Concession day ticket for arrival from 3pm onwards and get another ticket free. Offer only applies to timeslots from 3pm onwards. Buy your Adult or Concession ticket as usual, and then select ‘Other Admission Type’ from the dropdown for the second complimentary ticket. Type ‘3pm 2For1 Offer’ in the Voucher Type box on the Shopping Basket screen. *This offer is not valid for special event days, including the Sussex Guild Contemporary Craft Fair.
Thank you to NHS key workers
To say thank you to NHS key workers, we’re offering free entry to the Garden from 3pm each day where there is availability. If you are an NHS key worker, please pre-book your timeslot by selecting ‘Other Admission Voucher’ from the dropdown on the booking screen, typing ‘key worker’ in the Voucher Type box. Please bring your id when you visit. Other members of your group who are not key workers will be charged our usual admission prices. NHS key workers include all NHS staff, administrative and cleaning workers. Frontline health and social care staff such as doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics.