COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates
For the lastest coronavirus advice from the UK Governement, please click here
21 March 2020
Following the governments updated guidelines, the Gardener’s Retreat Café will remain open on a takeaway basis only, serving drinks, cakes and a limited lunch offer. Payment is by contactless card only, with visitors asked to practise social distancing when queuing.
19 March 2020
Borde Hill Garden is remaining open for visitors to enjoy as outlined in the update below. However, we have made the decision to close the Adventure Playground to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. In addition, wheelchairs are no longer available for visitors to borrow.
17 March 2020
Coronavirus Precautions – Borde Hill Garden remains open
Borde Hill Garden is monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation carefully and regularly.
Whilst the uncertainty of Coronavirus continues, our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and visitors whilst keeping the 200 acres of Garden, Parkland and Woodland open to the public for as long as possible.
We want our visitors to continue to enjoy the benefits of being out in the fresh air, whilst being socially responsible and following the advice and guidelines set by the UK Government. As such, we have put the following additional practices in place to offer reassurance to our visitors:
- Additional hand-sanitisers for visitors to use on site.
- Contactless card payments only to help reduce interaction between visitors and staff.
- Additional cleaning to our usual routines, including regularly disinfecting reception surfaces and keeping doors to our visitor reception and toilets open to reduce contact.
- The ability for Friends of Borde Hill to scan their own membership cards on arrival.
- The Gardener’s Retreat Café will remain open serving a limited lunch menu using disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Café seating is mainly outdoors and will be spread further apart to allow visitors to practise ‘social distancing’. Orders will be by contactless card payment only.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic and blanket, or use one of the many benches or picnic tables in the fresh air.
We respectfully ask that you do not visit the garden if you or a family member are feeling unwell and that you postpone your visit until you are feeling better.
Some upcoming events will be cancelled, others postponed, so please check our event page for the latest details.
If the Garden does need to close we will keep our website updated and will ensure our Friends of Borde Hill memberships are extended to reflect the period of closure.
As this situation changes, we will update this page accordingly so please check back regularly.