Britain’s leading outdoor touring company, Opera Brava, present Carmen by Bizet, performed with a chamber ensemble against the magical backdrop of the Elizabethan Mansion House.
Carmen lays claim to the title of ‘The Most Popular Opera’. The music, full of extravagant melody and rich in operatic hits such as the Habanera and The Toreador’s Song, has captivated audiences over the decades. A tale of passion between a young soldier and a fiery gypsy girl, Opera Brava’s powerful production takes place in 1930’s Spain. This promises to be a compelling and unforgettable night, featuring a sensational Carmen and an international cast leaving you clamouring for more.
The performance will be sung in English.
Child: £12 (5-16 years old)
Operatic Picnic (2 Adult Tickets plus a Picnic for 2): £100
Optional Extras (available for pre-order only and ready for collection from 6pm):
Fitz English sparkling wine (75cl) – £32.00
Cette Nuit Vermentino Merlot (70cl) – £16.95
Cette Nuit Verementino Sauvignon Blanc (70cl) – £16.95
Doors open at 6.00pm. Relax in the Garden before the performance begins at 7.30pm. Bring a chair and a picnic.
Assistance dogs only
Refund policy: No Refunds
Pre-order an Operatic Picnic which can be collected prior to the performance (includes 2 Adult Tickets plus a picnic for 2) – £100.00
A selection of cheeses with Grapes, walnuts and cheese biscuits, Italian Cured Meat Selection, Farmhouse Terrine with caramelised onion chutney, marinated olives, hummus, crusty roll, large bag of Real Crisps, macaroons, large bottle of South Downs mineral water (vegetarian alternative option available on request).
Individual serve bottles of prosecco, red and white wine, ale, tea, coffee and soft drinks can be purchased on the day from the Gardeners Retreat.
The picnic includes a disposable box which also contains plastic glasses, plates, knives, forks and napkins.
Picnics available for collection from 6pm.
• Entry: to the South Lawn where the event is taking place is via Reception located at the top of the drive. The Gate opens at 6.00pm. The performance begins at 7.30pm.
• Parking: Please park your car in the visitor car park. The opera will take place on the South Lawn, which is approximately 100m from the car park. Cars may not be left in the car park overnight.
• Disabled Parking: Disabled bays are available in the visitor car park.
• Refreshments: Guests are welcome to bring picnics, or pre-book an Operatic Picnic for Two, which includes 2 Adult tickets plus a picnic for 2 which can collected prior to the performance. A selection of barista coffee, loose lead tea, soft drinks, wine and snacks will be available for purchase from The Gardeners’ Retreat café adjacent to the performance area.
• Toilets: Toilets, to include an accessible toilet, located at the Reception building and the Biomass building.
• Dress Code: This event will go ahead regardless of weather, please come dressed appropriately. Umbrellas will be permitted.
• Seating: Please bring your own low back chairs as seating will not be provided. Gazebos are not permitted.
• No Smoking is permitted within the Garden. • No photography is allowed during the performance
Car: Borde Hill is 1.5 miles north of Haywards Heath off Borde Hill Lane, (SatNav RH16 1XP). Rail: The nearest train station is in Haywards Heath Taxi transfers are available from the station