Britain’s leading outdoor touring company, Opera Brava, present The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart, performed with a chamber ensemble against the magical backdrop of the Elizabethan Mansion House.
Probably the most perfect and popular opera. A day in the life of Figaro. A joyful farce in which we witness the foibles and intrigues used to reveal the indiscretions of a philandeing nobleman, Count Almaviva. Some of Mozart’s most sublime music features in this bittersweet yet uplifting comedy. Opera Brava’s new production with an International cast and set in the Eighteenth Century will delight and enlighten you in this glorious production.
World class singing from Britain’s outstanding touring opera company. The performance will be sung in English.
Adult: £30.00 (£35 on the gate)
Child: £12.00 (5-16 years old)
Operatic Picnic (2 Adult Tickets plus a Picnic for 2): £95.00
Doors open at 6.00pm. Relax in the Garden before the performance begins at 7.00pm. Bring a chair and a picnic.
Assistance dogs only
Pre-order an Operatic Picnic which can be collected prior to the performance (includes 2 Adult Tickets plus a picnic for 2) – £95.00
Cheese Board Selection to include 4 cheeses with Grapes, Walnuts and Wafers, Italian Cured Meat Selection, Farmhouse Terrine with Onion Jam, Olives and Hummus, Crusty Roll, Real Crisps, Macaroons, Large bottle of Mineral Water.
Prosecco, red and white wine, ale or Elderflower presse can be purchased on the day and added to your picnic (other drinks available on request). The picnic includes a disposable gable box which also contains plastic glasses, plates, knives, forks and napkins.
• Entry: to the South Lawn where the event is taking place is via Reception located at the top of the drive. The Gate opens at 6.00pm. The performance begins at 7.00pm.
• Parking: Please park your car in the visitor car park. The opera will take place on the South Lawn, which is approximately 100m from the car park. Cars may not be left in the car park overnight.
• Disabled Parking: Disabled bays are available in the visitor car park.
• Refreshments: Guests are welcome to bring picnics, or pre-book an Operatic Picnic for Two, which includes 2 Adult tickets plus a picnic for 2 which can collected prior to the performance. A selection of barista coffee, loose lead tea, soft drinks, wine and snacks will be available for purchase from The Gardeners’ Retreat café adjacent to the performance area.
• Toilets: Toilets, to include an accessible toilet, located at the Reception building and the Biomass building.
• Dress Code: This event will go ahead regardless of weather, please come dressed appropriately. Umbrellas will be permitted.
• Seating: Please bring your own low back chairs as seating will not be provided. Gazebos are not permitted.
• No Smoking is permitted within the Garden. • No photography is allowed during the performance
Car: Borde Hill is 1.5 miles north of Haywards Heath off Borde Hill Lane, (SatNav RH16 1XP). Rail: The nearest train station is in Haywards Heath Taxi transfers are available from the station