A summer evening of live music and movie magic under the stars
Enjoy exclusive access to the Garden from 6pm, followed by live music and open air cinema on the South Lawn, set against the magical backdrop of the Elizabethan Mansion. A selection of pop-up food stalls include drinks, ice-creams and pre-bookable Sourdough Pizzas – all you need for a great night out.
Don’t forget to bring a deckchair, or book a Premium Ticket which includes a deckchair and blanket ready for you at the front of the screening area.
Jordan Langford – Master of the Musicals – 7.00pm
Join talented West End Star, Jordan Langford as he takes you on a masterful musical theatre journey which includes hits from Phantom, Les Mis, My Fair Lady and Top Hat. This collection of musical treats will certainly get you in the mood for a night at the movies.
The Movie: The Greatest Showman (PG) – starts at 8.45pm, run time 1hr 45mins
Roll up, roll up for the ultimate open-air cinema favourite, The Greatest Showman. Get ready to experience the dazzling sights and sounds of the fantastic family musical on our outdoor big screen, and sing along to all those huge hits, including ‘The Greatest Show’, ‘Never Enough’, ‘Re-write The Stars’, ‘From Now On’ and of course ‘This Is Me’. A perfect film to enjoy under a moonlit sky.
Tickets (advance booking required)
Premium: £25.00 (includes a deckchair and blanket at the front of the screening area)
- Entry: to the South Lawn where the event is taking place is via Reception located at the top of the drive. The gates open at 6.00pm. The live music begins at 7.00pm and the film at 8.45pm, finishing at 10.30pm (timings are approximate and subject to weather conditions on the night).
- Tickets: Please bring a printout of your booking confirmation, receipt or e-ticket(s) with you, or show it on your phone on arrival.
- Parking: Please park your car in the visitor car park. The event will take place on the South Lawn, which is approximately 100m from the car park. Cars may not be left in the car park overnight. Disabled bays are available in the visitor car park.
- Food and Drink: A selection of barista coffee, loose lead tea, soft drinks, wine and snacks will be available for purchase from The Gardeners’ Retreat café adjacent to the performance area. There will also be a selection of pop-up food vans (to be confirmed) and guests are welcome to bring picnics. Normal licensing rules apply, no alcohol to be drunk by or supplied to under 18s. Please do not bring glasses or glass bottles to the event, only plastic and cans.
- Premium Seats: If you have booked a Premium Deckchair Seat, this will be located at the front of the screening area right up until the start of the film. You will be given a blanket to use for the evening. Please leave this on your seat at the end of the show.
- General Entry Seats: Please remember to bring your own picnic rug, beanbag, low-backed camping chair or deckchair to the screening. Rugs and beanbags will be located near the front, with camping chairs and deckchairs behind, so that everyone gets a good view. Guests arriving with high-backed chairs may be asked to sit at the sides or rear.
- Toilets: Toilets, to include an accessible toilet, located at the Reception building and the Biomass building.
- Other Useful Info: please bring practical, warm clothes and footwear, plus blankets to keep warm. Please respect the venue and take your litter home.
- Weather: screenings proceed in all weathers, including rain, screenings are only stopped or postponed if the weather is deemed to be making the event unsafe. No umbrellas are allowed in the screening area once the film begins. In the event of needing to postpone or cancel a screening (due to prolonged, heavy rain, high winds or thunderstorms), we’ll e-mail all customers and post on social media. Please look out for this information on the day of the screening if the weather is looking dodgy!
- Terms and Conditions: management reserve the right to refuse entry. Customers are requested to respect their fellow audience members by not making unnecessary noise or disturbing those around them during the screening. Usual film certification rules apply. Smoking and vaping is not permitted in the Garden.
- Directions: Car – Borde Hill is 1.5 miles north of Haywards Heath off Borde Hill Lane, (SatNav RH16 1XP). Rail – the nearest train station is in Haywards Heath Taxi transfers are available from the station
Wood-fired Sourdough Pizza
Pre-order in advance so that your Pizza is ready for collection on the night. SOPI is a Sussex-based, family-run mobile pizzeria serving wood-fired Neapolitan pizza. Their handmade, hand-shaped pizzas are stretched to between 11 and 12 inches before being cooked in a specialist wood-fired oven at 450°C. This is what gives the bases their distinctive charring and light texture. SOPI use a combination of high-quality Italian and local ingredients and keep the toppings simple, honouring the classics.