Great days out for all the family
Borde Hill Garden is the perfect place for children to explore and let their imaginations run wild.
With discovery trails and activities throughout the school holidays, plus a brand new Adventure Playground for 2019, there’s plenty to keep families occupied during the open season.
Plan your family day out
- Visit the new Adventure Playground
- Explore the Garden on a school holiday discovery trail
- Picnic in the Garden or by the lakes
- Bring a ball to kick, or a kite to fly in the Parkland
- Play hide-and-seek in the Woodland
- Warm up with a coffee, or cool down with an ice cream from the new Coffee Cabin (peak times only)
- Refuel at the Gardeners’ Retreat Café
Get closer to nature in 200 acres of parkland and woodland
A walk in the fresh air is a great opportunity to learn more about nature as a family. From award-winning flora and fauna to the numerous species of birds and animals that live in the peaceful woodland areas, there is something to discover for all ages.
- Spot butterflies
- Listen to birds
- Follow the orienteering course
- Walk the dog
Adventure Playground – NEW for 2019
Located within the Garden, young explorers can let off steam in a new Adventure Playground designed for full on fun. Children can navigate their way through a series of brand new equipment including swings, stepping logs, climbing frames, a slide, spring rider and a thrilling zip wire for the most adventurous.
Parents can watch their children play safely whilst warming up with a coffee or cooling down with an ice-cream from the new Playground Coffee Cabin (peak times only)
The Playground is recommended for children aged 3 years and above. Adult supervision is required at all times. The zip wire is only suitable for children aged 6+
Dogs are not allowed inside the playground area, although they are welcome elsewhere in the Garden and Parkland on a lead.