Great days out for all the family
Borde Hill Garden is the perfect place for children to explore and let their imaginations run wild.
With discovery trails and activities throughout the school holidays, plus a new Adventure Playground located within the Garden, there’s plenty to keep families occupied during the open season.
Plan your family day out
- Visit the Adventure Playground
- Explore the Garden on a school holiday discovery trail
- Picnic in the Garden or by the lakes
- Bring a ball to kick, or a kite to fly in the Parkland (ball games are not permitted in the Garden)
- Play hide-and-seek in the Woodland
- Cool down with a treat from the Ice Cream Hut (peak times only)
- Refuel at the Gardeners’ Retreat Café
Get closer to nature in 200 acres of parkland and woodland
A walk in the fresh air is a great opportunity to learn more about nature as a family. From award-winning flora to the numerous species of birds and animals that live in the peaceful woodland areas, there is something to discover for all ages.
- Spot butterflies
- Listen to birds
- Follow the orienteering course
- Walk the dog
2021 family-friendly events include:
- Discovery Trails and activities during February Half Term, Easter, May Half Term, Summer and Halloween
- Family Theatre
- Musical Picnics
Visit our Events Page for details.
Located within the Garden, young explorers can let off steam in a natural wood Adventure Playground designed for full on fun.
Children can navigate their way through a series of exciting equipment including swings, stepping logs, climbing frames, a slide, spring rider and a zip wire for the most adventurous. The play equipment has been created from long lasting Robinia wood to blend with the beautiful natural surroundings and is named Harry’s Playground after the owner’s son.
The Playground is recommended for children aged 3 years and above. Adult supervision is required at all times. The zip wire is only suitable for children aged 6+.
Entry to the Playground is included in Garden admission (FREE to Friends).
Dogs are not allowed inside the playground area, although they are welcome elsewhere in the Garden and Parkland on a lead.
For the comfort and safety of all visitors, ball games, bicycles, scooters and skateboards are welcome in the Parkland, but are not permitted in the Garden.